Saturday 20 November 2010


I recently had an exhibition of some of my photography work. The above is the image from one of the posters. The whole experience was really humbling and I really enjoyed it. I had never had a photography exhibit before & despite making a real spectical of myself during my drinking I wasn't sure how I felt about doing a show about being an alcoholic. I advertised it as a visual exploration of my journey into and out of alcohol addiction. The "out of" bit was really important for me to stress not just because my recovery is my greatest asset today but because telling the people that love me that i really am ok today is a joy that just doesnt get old. I was over the moon about how well the show went & I hope to have another in the new year. In the meantime I'll be posting up on here about the work that went into the 1st show & what I've done since.

No comments:

Post a Comment