Thursday 25 November 2010

Dan Dan the Steel Pan Man


Pan-Omenal Steel is one of the bands my friend Dan plays in. He asked me to come along to take some pictures & I was really grateful to be asked. I first met Dan in the pub the Pan-Omenal Steel were playing in front of. I used to work there and I helped set up the band nights. Dan was in one of the first bands that we got in. I loved their band's rendition of John Agard's poem Half Caste. Sadly for them they introduced it as being from their GSCE English syllabus so they couldn't get served after that.

Couple of years later Dan started working in my drinking hole. He'd kept up with his music but I'd lost the taste for everything apart from drinking. I love the life I have today. I love loving music again. I love loving photography again. I love being sober. I still have to really work at it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment