Tuesday 30 November 2010

Addicted Exhibition 3rd - 9th October 2010


On the day I went in to Made In Newcastle to put up my work it had been two years since my last drink. I couldn't believe how much my life and I had changed since then. I was sharing the exhibition space with a lovely couple and there work was so beautiful I worried what mine would look like next to there's. They were a great help when it came to hanging my work and they put me at ease.

One of them asked if they were right that my work was about addiction. I said that it was but it wasnt a subject I'd just picked out of the air that my work was about my own addiction and that I'm now free from it. My mouth then ran away with me and I start saying I was sorry that their beautiful work had to hang next to mine. He stopped me and said that art was about truth and that what I had made was a powerful truth about myself and I should be proud of it. I wish I could remember his name but the day was so overwhelming I just went into auto pilot.











No comments:

Post a Comment