Thursday 19 May 2011

Let Me Tell You - The Build



I had Tetris eyes after putting all these together.


I want... cards to go in the window during the installation.


The Structure goes up.


My boxes having been taped.










We Are Future?




While Annie and I were sorting out the clothing bundles to go into the Past section of the installation I reflected on the clothing bundles that were dropped off for us when I lived in hostles. It wasnt the last time I was homeless but it was the last time I was scared of the prosses. Annie asked if she could quote me and give me my own bundle. I hope that homelessness does remain part of my past.


The fraile dream boxes of the people who took part in the installation.


The Sky is falling in the future!


What do you want in your future? I'd like home internet connection so I dont have to blogg from the public library.


The Present Space


Alex putting up the roof in the Future.

The film that ran in the present space had an audio loope of people talking about where they were at in their recovery that day. When Alex asked me what I'd like to contribute to the film I told him I still take my recovery one day at a time so we could meet once a day and make a sound bite of my recovery for that day. He ran with this and took the just for today idea into the workshops. The audio was different each day of the installation as a result and really made the present space exactly that.



Me sitting on the welcome desk on the morning the installation opened.


Glad to be sober today. Glad to have a roof over my head. Glad to have a job for the day.





This is my dream box









No comments:

Post a Comment