Monday 31 January 2011

Let Me Tell You

Hello! Nice to see you here in 2011.

I'm involved in an exciting new project that I want to tell you about. In December of last year I met with the wonderful Annie Rigby from Unfolding Theatre to discuss me getting involved with their current project. In June of 2010 Unfolding Theatre worked with a group of recovering heroin addicts to create a remarkable installation called Let Me Tell You. The installation was presented in an empty shop in Stockton-on-Tees and attracted 550 visitors. It explored the recovering addicts' past, present and hopes for the future, and inspired visitors to think about changes they might make in their own lives. Unfolding Theatre is re-making Let Me Tell You with a new group in Gateshead. The members of this new group includes people recovering from drug addiction and people like myself in recovery from alcoholism.

My contribution to the project is a collaborative piece produced by myself and filmmaker Alex Elliott. We finished the filming this morning and we've met up every morning for a week. I've really loved working with Alex. The process has been really rewarding and quite cathartic for me though I cant say I've enjoyed having my picture taken every morning.

The installation runs Mon 14 - Sat 19 Feb, 10am - 5pm (10am - 8pm on Thurs 17 Feb) at The Shed Creative Studios, 348-354 High Street South, Gateshead, NE8 1EN. Admission is FREE.

http://www.unfoldingtheatre.co.uk/current.html

No comments:

Post a Comment